How often do I need to meet with you?
- Most people start out meeting with me one time per week. After a while, we will space out our sessions to every other week, eventually moving to monthly sessions, and then closing.
How long do I need to attend counseling?
- Attending counseling is a choice. The time period is different for everyone- but it's important to remember that therapy is not forever. Some people attend counseling for a few sessions, others attend counseling for longer periods of time. It all depends on what you want to accomplish.
Because I am attending therapy, does this mean something is wrong with me?
- Absolutely not! Willing to face any challenge takes courage and strength. Avoiding the problem or issue will not make it go away. There is nothing wrong with you, therapy helps you work through your challenges in a non-judgmental space and can give you an objective point of view.
Do I need to bring anything?
- The first session I will ask you to bring an intake form, but other then that just bring yourself/parent (if appropriate) and of course payment.
My child or adolescent refuses to attend counlseing... now what?
- This is very common, it is scary going to talk to a stranger. I have discovered that once kids and teenagers attend the first therapy session, they realize that it is a safe and comfortable space that is non-judgmental. They often recognize how much they enjoy talking to somebody that is solely there to listen to them, as well as having an objective point of view.
What if I am not sure your the right counselor for me?
- That is absolutely okay! I very much encourage my clients and families to meet with other counselors to see who the best fit for you and your family. It is vital that you feel comfortable with your therapist. I will be happy to give you referrals.
What are you business hours?
- I am available Monday - Friday 11:00am-7:00pm. The latest appointment I schedule is a 7:00pm (twice a week), but if you need a later appointment, we can work something out.
What happens if I see you out of the office?
- Due to confidentiality, if we happen to bump into each other in the community, I will not acknowledge you. If you want to approach me, I will be happy to have a conversation with you and I will not mention how we know each other.
Do I have to turn off my cell phone?
- Its best if you put your phone on silent for the session. But if you are worried, putting it on vibrate is okay too!
The cancellation policy says 24 hours, but I/my kids work up sick. Will I be charged for the full session?
- Life happens. You can't predict an illness and there are always exceptions. I ask that you call or email as soon as you know you will not make your appointment.
When I am done with therapy, can I ever come back?
- You are always welcome to come back to counseling whenever you feel the need.
**If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call or email me and I will be happy discuss any questions or concerns you may have. I can be reached by phone (425) 495-3031 or email email@example.com.